Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hunger Games Trilogy

When I was reading the Twilight  series several years ago, I looked up on Stephenie Meyer's website just to check on her background. While being on her website, Stephanie raved on Hunger Games so I checked out the summary of Hunger Games and just wasn't impressed with it for some reason. When I kept seeing Hunger Games trilogy popping up everywhere in the news especially that a movie based on it is coming up next month. Intrigued, I decided to buy Hunger Games. I got hooked to it and I could not put it down! I ended up finishing ALL 3 books in a week. It's that good!  These books are actually for young adults but it's entertaining for adults as well.  I was obsessed with the trilogy and literally drove my husband crazy for days afterwards when I pondered on several issues.  It is not a series based on romance. It's based on survival and war. The war (aka Hunger Games) involves kids from 12 to 18 years old to fight until only ONE lives and is a winner.  While the kids are fighting, the entire world is watching as it is in a reality show. That is the one of the issues that made me think. There were a lot of reality shows that we watch people starve, cry, fight, etc.  This book is based on a FUTURE era so what if we get desensitized to emotions shown from reality shows and they can lead to more violent reality shows? Scary! I am not going to go into details so you can enjoy reading the trilogy.  No spoiler alerts here.  Peeta, one of the main characters in the book, is my favorite! Peeta reminds me a lot of my husband. I actually feel bad for Josh Hutcherson who is going to act as Peeta because all the young girls will be all over him after the movie is out.  Everyone would want a Peeta. I think Josh Hutcherson fits the character very well.  I'm looking forward to see the movie! Of course, books are always BETTER than the movies because of a limited time and limited budget. So go and buy/borrow these books if you haven't!
I

No comments:

Post a Comment