Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Fishy Stuff

A study has reported that the mix of Vitamin A and Omega 3 can slow down Retinitis Pigmentosa. http://www.latimes.com/health/boostershots/la-heb-retinitis-pigmentosa-20120213,0,7497651.story?track=rss

After reading this article, I dove into a research mode. Luckily, I love fish and eat that at least once or twice a week. I take fish oil supplement. Of course, fish is not the only source of Omega 3.  Walnuts and flaxseeds are great. Beans (navy, kidney beans, soybeans), winter squash, and extra virgin olive oil are good.  I looked into Shakeology and see what items provided Omega 3. The items were flaxseed, chia seeds, and sacha inchi. Perfect! Other health benefits of Omega 3 are heart, brain, skin, cholesterol, diabetes, allergies, immune system, and digestive system.

As for Vitamin A, Shakeology already provides 5000 of this. (that is recommended for anyone) Good sources of Vitamin A Palmitate are eggs, milk, cheese, butter, liver and fish as well as vegetables that are dark green, like spinach, or orange like carrots or sweet potatoes.  Foods of a plant origin do not contain Vitamin A Palmitate but are rich in sources of provitamin A, a class of compounds called carotenoids, which are involved in photosynthesis. B-Carotene is the most important of these compounds. That means I'll add more spinach into my shakes or make spinach salads for lunch. (my favorite is strawberry walnut spinach salad!) 

Eating clean is important so you can have all the nutrients you need!

I'm STILL on one can of Diet. Diet Pepper so far this week!

NEW flavor of Shakeology (Vegan)  has came out yesterday!


I'm hosting a 90 day SUMMER beachbody challenge group that will start on Feb 27th. Summer will be here in about 3 months! Don't we all want to look better in a pair of shorts or a swimsuit? The challenge packs include a fitness program of your choice, Shakeology, free month of club membership, private group in Facebook (support system!)  and FREE coaching from me! If you want more information, email me or go to my website at
www.teambeachbody.com/mintfreak








No comments:

Post a Comment