Friday, February 17, 2012

10th Wedding Anniversary Goal

Our 10th wedding anniversary is coming up this summer. This picture was taken nearly 10 years ago on our honeymoon. I've SWORN I will be in my BEST shape ever including looking the best in a bikini! I've always struggled with weight as long as I can remember. I did not even try to excerise much during college. Just an occassional aerobics here and there. I did not really watch what I ate during college. Once I found a job after college, I did not really focus on working out either. I fell in love with my hubby of 9 years and gained 20 more pounds because we dined out a lot (that's common for dating, right?)  I lost about only 10 lbs before I got married. I just did not work out enough or eat clean for some reason. I guess a light bulb did not go off in my head yet. I remember clearly as we were blissfully happy at Sandals St. Lucia on our honeymoon, there were those skinny young ladies in their bikinis everywhere.  I was wishing I had done a boot camp or something at that time! Few years later, we vacationed at Orange Beach, Alabama. I hated the way I felt on the beach in a tankini instead of a bikini. I did own a pair of bikini but I never felt comfortable in it. I remember the day the light bulb went off in my head and I said, "THAT IS IT!"  It was after the walk on the beach and my thighs actually developed a rash because they rubbed together!  After that experience, i was on a path to excerise and eat right for life.  I eventually lost 40 pounds through careful eating and walking/jogging on my treadmill. ( I still have it!) I felt GREAT when I was finally at my goal weight. This was taken in Jamaica at Sandals Whitehouse.  

After treadmill workouts

After Brazil Butt Lift program

Somehow, I regained 10 pounds over a few years. I kept on working out and watched what I ate. (That is how you keep most of your weight off! Fad diets do not work at all) . Even though I lost weight, my body shape stayed the same. Just smaller. I realized I needed to reshape my body through toning exercises. That is how I ended up with BRAZIL BUTT LIFT before we went to our Jamaican vacation last summer. I rememer I could barely walk after BBL because my muscles were so sore even after using the treadmill and elliptical.   I LOVED the way it reshaped my body.  I intend to use it again before we go to our 10th wedding anniversary vacation!  After BBL, I did Chalean Extreme and I liked the toned look but still needed to lose those pesky last 10 lbs.  Chalean Extreme is more like a strength training program. I joined a challenge group last November and it helped me so much by keeping me on track and not gaining so so much weight during the holidays because I have a major sweet tooth! I loved how guilty I would feel knowing others in the group have worked out and I haven't so I had to force myself and do the workouts.
 I'm into 5th week of TurboFire. It is a 90 day program so I still have a long way to go but Im pretty sure I will lose those LAST ten pounds after the program! So JOIN me for the 90 day Challenge Group and get in your best shape by SUMMER! You can help me and I can help you!  It will start on Feb 27th so HURRY!   Contact me if you want more information at

No comments:

Post a Comment