Monday, April 9, 2012

A Stinky House

Once something bad happens, it pours.  First, I found a salt shaker with a missing bottom meaning there's salt all over the counter and floor. I had to clean the whole mess up. My sweet mother brought me some pretzel rolls that I could never find in the stores. I popped one in the microwave around lunchtime. I did not read the WHOLE direction. It said to warm up the roll for 5 minutes in the microwave. I missed the most important word...THAWED. The roll was frozen. As I was eating my salad, I smelled something burning. OMG, the roll! I ran to the microwave and it was SMOKING. The whole kitchen was smoky. I looked at the flasher to see if the smoke alarm went off. It did not. Whew! The house stunk for hours. Ugh.  It still smells like burned popcorn here. Hope tomorrow is a better day.  At least, kale chips turned out delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment