Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

It's St. Patrick's Day tomorrow!  It's a perfect time to hit an Irish restaurant or a pub on a Saturday! I have a haircut appointment tomorrow so Im delighted that my hair will be already styled for this special day.  Since I usually take a break from cooking dinners on the weekends, I already cooked an Irish dinner last Tuesday. Its not high in calories and it's healthy.  The recipe is pretty simple.  I wouldn't cook this during the hot, summer days though. 

1 lb ground lean beef or ground turkey
1 cup chopped onions
3 cups of chopped cabbage
1 can of tomato soup
Use any kind of seasonings

Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Cook the meat and onions until they are done. Season them.  Drain. Put the meat in the casserole dish. Put cabbage on the meat. Pour the tomato soup on the top. Cover the dish. Cook 45 minutes to an hour.

St. Patrick dessert...


Shamrock Shake!! Unfortunately, I don't have Greenberry with me but I will try this with Tropical Shakeology!


•8 oz of milk (any kind, I use Unsweetened Almond Milk)

•4 oz of water and ice

•splash of peppermint extract

•1 tsp of peanut butter OR 1 TB of  PB2

•2 tbsp of sugar free vanilla or cheesecake jello instant pudding mix

•1 scoop of greenberry shakeology

You keep seeing these Thin Mint cookies by Girl Scouts, right?  Here's an alternative!

Thin Mint Smoothie

8 oz of water
few drops of peppermint extract
1 scoop of Chocolate Shakeology
use few ice if you like it thick!

If you want to know more about Shakeology, just click on this....
Shakeology

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment