Friday, March 9, 2012

Food Addiction

I know we all are addicted to certain kind of food. Most of food that we are addicted are probably unhealthy, right?  My first memory of food addiction when I was a preteen was COMBOS!  Those preztel minis stuffed with cheddar inside them. I can eat the whole bag of Combos. I've not eaten those in years but the memory still seems fresh. I avoid buying anything that I can eat the whole box or bag without controlling myself. It's usually SALTY stuff that wont benefit me at all. (Ex. trigger food for me are tomato basil Wheat Thins, Chex Mix, Lime tortilla chips, and those extreme flavored goldfish crackers)  You can replace your food addiction with healthy snacks. As I usually go for salty stuff, I roast chickpeas as they make a great, tasty snack! Or I cut up vegetables and dip them in light Ranch dressing. There are a lot of healthy alternatives you can find via internet or Pinterest.  Here's a recipe for roasted chickpeas.   Really, you can use any kind of seasonings on the chickpeas.  If you crave something sweet and salty, use a bit of brown sugar and cinnamon.  You can get creative with this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment