Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cajunsick


We went to Gumbeaux's restaurant for our 8th anniversary. It was not too far from our house and I've always wanted to try it out. It was fitting for us to go there on our anniversary as we started dating in Louisiana.

As we drove into the old part of Douglasville, I thought it was a short, charming street. When we entered the restaurant, the walls were painted yellow, green and purple decorated with masks. A bit too tacky in my opinion.

I spotted jambalaya on the menu and got excited! Jeremy ordered stuffed shrimp. Their salad were very good. As I tasted the jambalaya, I was VERY disappointed. It was NOT like any jambalaya I've eaten in Louisiana!!!! This meal had a lot of "tomato" sauce in it. EW. Lesson learned, do not order any jambalaya outside of Louisiana. However, the stuffed shrimp and hushpuppes turned out to be tasty. 3 Cheese grits was a nice touch!

Will we go back? Yes, only if we get cajunsick!

1 comment: